- Download easily, just like other coupons
- Automatically warn before they expire
- Automatically replace with other coupons from same merchant
- If no other coupons are available, automatically replace with a master pass for merchant
- Master pass becomes permanent source of new coupons...and provides latest "spring sale" promotional updates (pass can contain the same high-quality content as the merchant website)
- The master pass can be converted to a new coupon, used as a coupon, and then will automatically revert back to a master pass. The master serial number is always retained.
Why Perpetual Coupons?
As we posted earlier, most customers don't delete coupons in their Passbook and coupons are likely to be the most numerous type of pass in Passbook. So the question we have been asking is: "how do we help people prevent these undeleted coupons from eventually clogging up people's phones?" We think this is a real risk to the future of mobile coupons, and as we've said before, our goal is to make Passbook delightful and more beautiful.
Our first idea was to build an easy-delete app. But many users don't want another app, and more fundamentally, users told us deleting was the wrong approach.
We realized that we needed to stop imitating the old, wasteful world of paper coupons and use Passbook the way it should be used. That means coupons don't need to be deleted...because they keep refreshing with new offers.
The first use of 2nd-generation Passbook server technology
Since Passbook's announcement last summer, many service providers have offered what we call "1st Generation" Passbook servers -- servers that create and manually update Passbook passes.
Now our Passjoy engine is pioneering "2nd generation" Passbook technology. Our engine makes passes dynamic, replacing passes with fresh content, juggling different passes for different situations, adjusting totals, sending messages, and making a rich and more engaging experience for users. Our server looks at passes as a series of messages to customers...like a Customer Relationship Management system for passes.
Over and again we find that users expect more than just "getting a pass". They expect their passes to be a little magical -- to provide alerts and replace themselves and change and adapt. Passjoy's 2nd generation passbook server provide this complex and engaging behavior.
- Start with low-cost, mass-distributed coupons...then turn those into loyalty passes that engage customer interest and grow a personalized, long term relationship
- If a coupon is going to sit for months in a customer's mobile phone...why not update it with fresh content and new branding?
- Reach an new, upscale mobile audience
- Re-use existing mobile assets
Go here to find out more
Want a Demo?
Passjoy has several "slide show" sets of 6-8 linked passes, that can take you through the whole sequence of engaging and growing a customer relationship via Passbook. It's a faster way to get the idea, rather than just signing up and waiting for a coupon to expire :)
Contact us and we'll sign you for one of our demos! Just mention "demo" in your comment.