Then we saw commenters who said Apple's retail store iBeacons were too complicated: Apple iBeacon Is Broken Even for Apple.
We think a simple iBeacon setup is a better way to start. Retailers need a easy way to transition into iBeacons and other new technology, preferably a transition that grows customers and revenue in a measurable way.
Luckily we've been testing such an approach for months (check out our blog article). We've tested an iBeacon use case that:
- Is fast (set up and running at one store in as little as one day)
- Is cheap to implement (a few hundred dollars per store for hardware)
- Gets new customers and new revenue immediately
- Doesn't require significant IT investments or retraining of your employees
- Doesn't require modifications to your existing iOS code
- Is easy to sell to upper management
As we describe here, this method uses Passbook to get new customers, then uses a simple iBeacon configuration to convert those new customers into long-term loyal customers.
Get a short-term win. Then take the next step.
If you're a retailer or entertainment venue, contact us for a demo of our Quickstart service.
An easier way to get started with iBeacons
Results of Estimote/Passbook test
A new, cheaper channel for retail promotion, using digital wallet content